Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Knicks still Linning, haters still hating

I had to take one for the team last night because of Valentines day. Saw "The Vow". It was surprisingly good. I still checked in on the Knicks box score off and on.  The knicks were down by 10 all night. Ironically I made "The Vow" not to ever give up on my Knicks again. I saw Lin had 12 and 8 half way through and said to my lady, "the knicks are gonna win tonight." Even with 8 minutes left and no TV in sight, I knew the Knicks defense still had enough time to apply the clamps and give Lin a chance to make a play. I get home to a steal and a dunk by Shump, and a cold blooded 3 pointer by Lin Legend for the win. 

I didn't have the best end to my night. Sports is that release from reality and I wanted to crack open my morning energy drink, kick back and read the bandwagon fluff on the NBA Cinderella. On my conmute, in my locker room at work, and in the office and break rooms...all I hear is, "the knicks won't be winning like that when Carmelo gets back....", and "you think this kid is gonna average 25 and 8 for the season? If so you got a 1st team all NBA guy. You think he's better than Rose?"

I try to keep this space as positive as I can, but the haters have gone too far! Instead of learning to believe again. Instead of pointing out the great example to your family. Instead of enjoying the magic ride and excepting that the kid Lin is for real...the haters have gotten stronger. I could understand if we were in Boston on the bean line, or in Philly on the cheese steak line. Not in NY...not on our streets and in our places if business. Its a damn shame how our fans can be so blatantly ignorant and downright pathetic. We are a town that likes to claim that we come together in tragedy and stand with each other in the face of adversity. That is a bunch of poo.

You read this spot because despite the spelling errors, you love the kool aid. I appreciate the hits and please keep reading. I'm not pushing an agenda. I'm not trying to exploit the Knicks or even trying to make money off this blog. I love the knicks and want to play a part in planting the seeds of future diehards to come. I want to champion against haters, talk about the game and the magic of sports. 

We've been through alot as knick fans. I challenge all to just tune out the negativity. Don't even engage or defend your team. Believe what you see. Watch games. Don't follow the media circus. Follow what made you become a knicks fan. My draw was seeing Bernard King destroy whoever dared to guard him like a real life superhero from Brooklyn. He was immortal to me. When he went down, Ewing came up and the legend continues. This new chapter is called "Linsanity". Ride this kid till they run out of band aids to patch this kid up. From the Ashes rises the Phoenix.

Nah Mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment