Sunday, February 5, 2012

I told you Lin could ball!!!

"Lin doesn't stand a chance...." - Mike Green call as Deron made just a couple dribbles shortly after Lin first came in the game

Eat it Mike Green!!!!

I told you here....yes right here on this blog that Jeremy Lin could play and should play meaningful minutes as a NY Knick. If you missed it, check my archives. You only have to go back as early as my last two blogs. Can I toot my own horn? Should I toot my own horn? Let me ask you now....should Lin play or even start now for your beloved NY Knicks?

This wasn't a fluke. Mike Green has always been absolutely horrible calling Knick games. I'll save my opinion on him for another blog. Last night Green was calling it like Jeremy had "the glow", or "the touch". He made it seem as if the game Jeremy Lin was having was something that was impossible or being made possible through some kind of miracle. Its just the straight up ignorance of this man and shows his taste for brown nosing the stars of this league. Deron Williams was the demi-god and Lin was the humble hobbit overachieving in a once in a life time event. Lets get this straight...Lin is a 23 year old man. He dominated the Ivy League, he played toe to toe against Wall as a rookie, he played extreamly well in the d-league last year and dominated the one game he did play over there this year. This is not a fluke!!!

The testiment to this kids game being for real is his defense. He was not fooled by Deron Williams dribble. He contested every jumper Deron took and forced him to go short every time. He stayed in front of him and prevented him from penetrating. Deron only scored if Lin wasn't on him when they switched off on defense. Offensively Lin put on a show. Its the same show he put on against college opponents, John Wall, and the d-league. I feel sorry for fans that hear a scouting report and use it as fact and spread the lies when they never seen the dude play. He can't shoot? He is right hand dominant? He shot the ball pretty well when the defense dropped off him. He split the defense with his left hand and went all the way to the rim on a huge play in the fourth quarter. Seeing is believing and if you saw the game believe me you believe.

I don't want to bash my fellow fans because you are just as arrogant as I am. I believe I know the game better than pro athletes know the game. You don't have to play pro to know the game of basketball. Just ask your favorite announcer. Mike Green for one ethinks he knows more than Clyde. I won't let Clyde off the hook either because he was shouting. That Lin needed to shoot it to make ttghe defense honest. A top 50 NBA player, point guard for that a matter, is telling the point guard he needs to shoot it just to prove it. A poi t guards job is to find the scorers and take what the defense gives them. Lin shut Clyde right up as he sank a few perimeter jumpers. Bottom line you want your point guard to pass first and create second. Shooting or calling their own number should not be the first thought in their mind. Lin understands that.

I pray this kid continues to get his minutes. He's more than proven he can contribute to the team playing real PG duties. The same way peeps, including me I'll admitt, are crying for Baron to save the day, they need to lobby for our homie Lin to succeed. Lin is not gonna average 25 a night. What he will do is play point guard and he is a natural at that. A player of his skill is hard to contain.he causes havok. If he drives you have to stay with him because he will score. If you stay with him he will find the open man, or make the hockey assist which is a pass leading to an assist. Bravo to Jeremy Lin! I wish the brother luck and hope and pray the kid can continue to show his talent for the NY Knicks.

*Bows*

No comments:

Post a Comment