Saturday, February 11, 2012

From myth, to Lin Legend

Live on espn, in front of a  national audience. The knicks played the lakers with their "JV squad" and beat them like they were supposed to do that. The hero, the player that led all scorers was the man, the myth, now legend...Jeremy Lin.

I had the Knicks losing by alot. I'm to embarrassed to say by how much. My girlfriend looked me in the eye and told me the knicks would win by 3. She never really played basketball but she understands what she sees. What she also understands is the power of positive energy. Lin was going to do what he's been doing and the knicks were gonna pull it out at home. Who would have believed that last week? Who would have believed that Bynum and Gasol would be non factors offensively and defensively against the team we put out there? The presence of Lin has changed everything. Can you believe it.

I haven't had the chance to hear what the goons on TNT have been saying, but im surprised our own Kelly Tripuka won't submit to the Linsanity out there on the court. Its as if he is waiting for Lin to have a bad game so he can say I told you so. Its unfortunate because what the Giants should have taught us all these years is you never give up even when everyone else has. You gotta believe, as my girlfriend said to me last night. I forgot, and isn't that why we follow sports? Not to drool over superstar players, but to believe that your team can beat the odds and win. Lin is not just a savior on the court but a savior to the culture of new York city sports. Let's go knicks for once and enjoy this ride.....

Besides....the knicks may not be able to afford this kid if he keeps it up. I'm reading conflicting reports on Jeremy Lin's early bird rights or restricted free agent status. If the knicks still have those rights then the knicks are good. If those rights were dropped when Lin got waived than the knicks are gonna risk losing the kid. He's worth at least 5 mill at this point. Worry about that later. Right now...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment