Saturday, April 23, 2011

We must protect this Garden!!!



"When us become we!" You saw those ads on msg, cable tv, and the train stations. I dunno where the ad teams head was at, but that's how New Yorkers talk when it comes to their home teams. At least that's what they used to do. I say "used to" often in my blog because that's what it is. New York used to go hard for or teams. You wanna blame it on Dolan, Layden, Isiah? Fine. Wanna get deeper and blame Bloomberg and gentrification? I can dig that too. Bottom line is somewhere along the course of the last decade, New York fans lost their pride. Not just in their teams but in their city. The garden used to be the big stage. The stage didn't start and end at the court, ring, and well...stage. The extension of the performance has always been the goonies that filled those seats. At the same time if you suck we will boo your ass. Why? Because the team we follow are like extended family. True new York sports fans would boo their own kids if they didn't put fourth the effort in their respective sport. For instance, if I miss a couple shots in a row when I'm shooting around the basketball with my son, he will not hesitate to tell me I suck. I will then have to drain the next 10 straight in his face just to let him know his daddy can shoot. Its vice versa. Im never gonna let little man off easy. That's just how we roll. That's the heart of the city.

What happened in game 3 against Boston was horrific. No fan or hater could have predicted what transpired especially after the Knicks almost won 2 games in Boston. They came into our house and had their way. They didn't just come into msg and do this. They might as well walked into every knick fans living room and copped a squat then dragged their butts all over the carpet. You gotta understand, John Starks went to war for New York. If that Guy needed a place to stay at any point in his life in ny... He is welcome to sleep on anybodies coach. I'm not exaggerating. Patrick and Anthony Mason jr can walk freely anywhere in the city. Those are our boys. Their fathers rock with us. If they get caught out their doing the wrong thing we'll straighten them out. You think im exaggerating still?.... Just think about how you feel about Dwight gooden and strawberry in baseball. How do you feel about Mike Tyson and Zab Judah in boxing? I could go on. The feeling is real.

This is what I don't think is clicking with our current team. We all rock together. Its not about what Boston did. Its what the knicks let them do to us. You mad Carmelo? You mad Amar'e? Just like I tell my son...You better stop crying before I get to you. Before we get crazy and start booing. Before the media starts crucifying you in the papers. Show them where you from. New York is on your chest you are rocking with us. Don't let anyone come in here and do what Boston did again.

Knicks in 7 you suckas!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment