Friday, April 15, 2011

Live free Diehards

Bless me Diehards for I have sinned. Its been a month and 13 days since my last blog. Don't hold it against me. My blood has been boiling to the point it was starting to clot. Carmelo was saying alot of diva'esque things talking about minutes and not changing his game. He was talking about next year for the love of Spalding! Amar'e also sounded so depressed. The confidence that carried the team all year was nil. The brother looked done. I gotta admit, I had to throw my phone to prevent me from posting anything. I actually wrote 3 blogs since my last blog post. One of them you would have thought I was the bastard child of Mark Berman and Peter Vescey. I just couldn't click on the post icon and put garbage like that out there. I know this is supposed to be a spot for diehards. This is true but at the same time I don't want to be crybaby. We've cried enough. We have been crying since Ewing was traded. This is a new time in Knick history. I almost forgot what it was like to believe in your team. I "misremembered" that competitive fire that still burns every time they show John Starks, Mase, Oakley, Houston, and even Chris Dudley on tv. Clyde and the Pearl's voices on tv/radio should have kept things in perspective. The autographed picture of Bernard King I have on my fireplace should have slapped the urine out of me.

The knicks ended the season on a huge run. They clinched the playoffs. That didn't click for me until I read on the internet that the Celtics are locked in to face our Knicks in the first round. Its only right. I don't care if its basketball. I hate Boston! When I think of Boston, all I see are Red Sox! The Yankees have owned them for all eternity. With the Celtics, they have been the thorn in the Knicks side since Mr. Russell was patrolling the paint. Things feel different this time. The Knicks can actually shock the world in this series and I say that with a clear mind and a straight face. Alot of your favorite experts, even notorious knick haters have been saying the Knicks have a strong chance.

The real season starts now and I got my mojo back....BROOKLYN!!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. My words to all of the Knicks players -
    "Just Do It!"

    ReplyDelete