Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dolan gets Stern Warning...Knick fans rejoice...for now



I was in a middle of a heated debate about Isiah Thomas, Dolan and the Knicks when I decided to refresh a website on my phone. Skimming for Knicks related news like anyone else I come across the tag: "Isiah Withdraws Acceptance Of Knicks Position". In the middle of a friend monologuing about how dumb Jim Dolan is, I break the news. All at the same time I hear exclamations of "YES! THANK YOU!!!", "FINALLY!!! SOMEBODY HEARD US!!!" and in true New York fashion, "GTFO!". Yes...I believe someone did hear us. The Knicks official fan page on Facebook has been bombarded with obscenity laces comments on everything posted there. Even a contest posting for free tickets to the home opener were filled with lines that I'd love to post here but I want to keep it PG-13 round these parts. I even posted a blog last night asking what we did as fans to deserve the drama in what was a very exciting time until the Isiah hiring.



I'm sure you've read all the lengthy quotes by David Stern and Isiah putting an end to this ordeal...For now. Best believe Isiah's name will resurface with regards to the Knicks management. Donnie Walsh hasn't named a GM as of yet. At one point it looked like Chris Mullin was gonna be brought in. There's still buzz that Mullin may be brought here in some capacity. Then there was the hiring of Allan Houston to be groomed by Donnie Walsh as a possible successor. It's funny how Donnie is now saying he's in no rush to hire anyone. Could Dolan have put a freeze on hiring to try and weasel Isiah Thomas back into the fold? Personally I'm shocked Isiah "turned down" the consultant job and not the college coaching job. He might feel he has an obligation to the players he recruited this summer to be there this fall. 2012 is coming approaching my friends and so is the end of Donnie Walsh's contract. D'antoni will be on notice as well. I hate to paint a dark picture but I'm sure we have not heard the last of this Dolan/Isiah man crush.

***



Can't leave this blog without a cool glass of Kool-Aid can we?

Newest Knick Roger Mason Jr. must of had a whole pitcher of Kool-Aid since he officially signed with the Knicks the other day. The dude is talking playoffs. Why not? This year is very different. You only have to take a look at the roster to see that. So get you a tall glass with ice and a pitcher of "ORANGE" or "BLUE" Kool-Aid and relax. Put on some Mary J. Blige "No more Drama" music and just ride it out. There are better days to come my babies. "OH YEAH!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment