Friday, December 30, 2011

Scouting the Knicks: Take your foot out the grave

I been quietly observing the Knicks these past few weeks since  the season got reinstated. The Tyson Chandler trade from heaven. Signing Bibby. Shumpert looking like a draft day steal in preseason. Picking up Baron Davis off fresh off of clearinb amnesty waivers. It was fun for a hot second because it seemed the basketball gods had thrown us a bone for the first time in 10 years. The season starts and all it took was a third quarter implosion for every single Knicks fan to abandon ship. You guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves!

I bought my 8 year old son his first Knicks hat just before Christmas so he could have it in time for the game. I taught him his first lesson in becoming a fan of a team. NO FLIP FLOPPING! Once you are a fan, in the Knicks case you need to also understand that the Celtics are public enemy number one. I went into depth teaching him the history of every NY sports team and I think he understood what responsibility he has now. I learned this on my own following sports all my life. I wonder what in the world happened to New York fans especially when it concerns the NY Knicks? Sure we've had a rough decade. Quite embarrassing to say the least. As of today none of that matters because of whahts going on with the team today. The Knicks have the talent and the ability to manuver the roster as it sees fit. It should be all sunshine eand Daisy's for all of us.

Lockout....shortened training camp....short preseason....early injuries. Did I miss something? Forget the Knicks for a second. Dallas and Boston have yet to win a game. Do you see the media throwing them under the bus? I mean the Knicks beat Boston on Christmas but you would never have known if you watched the NBA tv highlights or listened to the bums on TNT. What is it about having New York on the chest that brings on such hate and disrespect? Fans are undulging in self hate already. Its only been 3 games! Reggie Miller was killing the Knicks last night while calling the Lakers game. In my opinion, the refs were calling alot of stupid calls. Travels, offensive fouls, not calling fouls on the shot allowing the Lakers to capitalize on the turnovers. Lets just ignore the fact that the Knicks are hobbled and trying to run the offense through Melo for the first time without a real training camp. Lets ignore the fact that Landry and Tony Douglas are playing gout of position and over their heads as fill in starters. Baron Davis and Shumpert are hurt. One never played a game for the Knicks the other is a rookie. One could take the dark road and say the Knicks are in trouble if they are waiting for those guys to save them. You could also skip through the tulips and acknowledge that Shumpert is probably a first team all rookie selection/rookie of the year candidate. Baron is also a walking 15 points and 7 assist guy. Add those elements and the Knicks would probably be undefeated right now.

I ask you Knick fan. Where are your balls? I'm not talking Spaulding either. Find your courage. Drink your kool-aid and get back on the bandwagon before I start naming names up in here! Lets give this time. Its a short season, but its still 60 something games to be played. I think its ironic that "Sactown" is up next. Grow a pair will ya? The Knicks are on the road now. Lets get ready for the home stand and get behind our guys till health and reinforcements get here!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post; I agree with a lot of what you said.

    The Knicks probably aren't going to play competent basketball until February, when Baron Davis is healthy as the starting PG. Also, moving Douglas back to the bench will really help out our second unit.

    In the meantime, Knicks fans just have to be patient.

    I also write about the Knicks on my blog, Knicks Now. http://nyknicksnow.blogspot.com/
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete