Friday, April 16, 2010

T-mac we hardly knew ye


Tracy McGrady is heading into free agency, but is already stating that he doesn't see himself as a sixth man.

"Sixth man? I don't see myself being a sixth man," McGrady said Friday night when asked about the possibility.

"I mean, I haven't fallen off that --- much," he said. "I've been hurt the last two years. But I ain't fallen off that much."

McGrady has struggled at times in New York, but doesn't think he'll have to audition for teams this summer to prove how far he's come.

"I'm interested to go to a team where I can win," he said.



Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65890/20100410/mcgrady_doesnt_see_himself_as_sixth_man/##ixzz0lEqkZ1m5




He hasn't fallen off that much??? I mean he said himself in the quotes above that he's been hurt the last two years...it's a little more than just hurt...the dude simply hasn't played many NBA games for the last 2 years. The games he has played in he's looked like a dude that doesn't know when to throw in the towel. I'd also say he's looked very arrogant out there. He was basically coasting. I don't think the dude was trying to fit in with the team as much as he was just trying to just get in some NBA caliber run for his rehab. That doesn't sit well to me. It's not about expecting Tracy to become Batman again and go toe to toe against Lebron James for the win. It's about his me first attitude.

I won't use my space to bash anyone, but how man times throughout his career did he leave his team, or have a dramatic episode on the court taking himself out of games. He had a few instances where he was actually carried off the court in a stretcher in a game only to start again the same week. I dunno Knick fans. He's always seemed like a drama Queen. How much is he even worth at this present time...Seriously...a veteran, former all-star, MVP candidate that hasn't played ball at an elite level in 2 years because of chronic knee injuries...even if he was a 2nd tier guy...he should only command about a 1 year for about the veteran's minimum with maybe an option for a second year. He hasn't proven he's worth a huge commitment. Even if a team over pays, they would be stupid to pay him anything over the mid-level exemption for a year, which is roughly 6 mil per.

It's kind of a joke to even blog about it. I wish Tracy McGrady well and I hope he can at least sniff the idea of making the all-star team again. Knicks however don't have time for his non-sense. Nobody should be bigger than the team, organization or the city they play for. Knicks are trying to get professional ball players and turn around a decade of embarrassment this off season. There's absolutely no room to play nurse and rub any former superstar's boo boo's.

Go Knicks!

1 comment: